Tummy like a Banana

Me and my vertical sleeve

Last day with a full stomach!

| 1 Comment

OK, last day before the surgery with 100% stomach! I ate a little much yesterday including today’s dinner, LOL. Unfortunately, that means that I’ll just have soup and protein bars today. On the other hand, I lost 8 pounds in a week. Oh well, might as well because tomorrow is the day.

I got a call from the hospital today – since this is elective surgery, I have to pay for it up-front. With my insurance plan, it is $1,000 out of pocket deductible, and then the insurance kicks in and pays 70% while I pay 30% until I have paid $3,000. After that, the insurance pays for everything. Since the grand total bill of the surgery is around $20,000, I basically had to pay $4,000 today. This is just the hospital cost, but since I am basically all paid up on the deductible, so everything else is being paid by insurance. Unfortunately, I couldn’t pay this with the debit card over the phone – seems like this is more than my max – so I had to take half a day off, go home, grab the check book, and get to pay Blodgett. So far so good!

Biggest Loser 7544bl Cal-max by TaylorAfter that I went to return the scale we bought yesterday. The one we got yesterday just sucked. First, it was weighing in with several pounds less than the old scale and I always thought my old scale was pretty accurate and in line with the doctor’s office. Anyway, I got the Biggest Loser 7544bl Cal-max by Taylor. I gave it a quick side by side test and it weighs exactly like the old scale. It also goes fairly fast, and I like the big glass surface without any crevices which would accumulate dust and dirt. The only buttons are off to the side so you don’t accidentally kick/press them. You can program stuff for me, but for Chuck, he can just step on it without any fuzz. And the number 1 thing I like about it is that you can just step on it and it weighs you without having to turn it on in some way shape or form.

I am very excited! I just talked to my best friend back home in Germany and it was nice to talk to someone who has struggled with the same issue for many many years and who also has tried everything under the book. The first time I told her, I think she was quite skeptical, but I believe the skepticism was mostly due to not knowing enough about it. I think she was much more open toward the idea when we spoke today.

Now I have to finish up some work and then some home work for my last two classes. Last action of the day – packing my hospital bag!

One Comment

  1. I found your blog via VSGSF and I love it. Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope you continue to keep blogging. I am at the very beginning of my journey with a trip to the surgeons tomorrow. I am not sure what to expect but they want me there for at least 3 hours but I think they do most everything in one big swoop.

    Nilla :)

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *.